Thursday, October 19, 2017

Reality Boy by A.S. King

I picked up Reality Boy initially to read for our monthly book club,  but we opted not to read it as a group; however, I continued to read it anyhow. I actually listened to the book instead of reading it, and I enjoyed it for the most part aside from the ending. Gerald Faust had the unfortunate childhood of growing up in front of a camera because his family was selected for a reality TV show when he was five-years old. A.S. King takes the reader through Gerald's life by using flashbacks to his childhood years on camera and then coming back to present day as Gerald is a junior in high school. His turbulent times with his promiscuous twenty-one year old sister and timid mom pushes him over the edge. Overall, it's a three star book, but it definitely has a lull in the middle and the ending did not wow me.

#1  Mrs. Staples 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crown of Pearl and Pearl by Mara Rutherford

Twin sisters, Sadie and Nor have spent the majority of their young lives preparing for the opportunity to be chosen to marry the Prince of I...