Sunday, October 15, 2017

First Blog Post

We are really excited about the challenge many 9th and 10th grade English teachers have issued this year. Each student is to read 20 books from a variety of genres. After setting up the Tasting Cafe, we decided we wanted to complete this challenge as well. To share what we are reading, we are going to blog about the titles we've read. As readers, we have our favorite books. I tend to choose realistic fiction. I've spent the last six years in elementary school so I have been out of the loop with Young Adult Literature. I'm thrilled to rediscover some of my favorite authors such as Sarah Dessen, Jay Asher, and Chris Crutcher; and I'm just as excited to find some new favorite books and authors.  I just finished reading Wonder with my children because we have a pretty strict rule in our household...We have to read the book before seeing the movie. If you haven't read Wonder, it truly is a must read about compassion and overcoming obstacles in life.

1 comment:

  1. Auggie is one of the most endearing and real characters I have ever encountered in a book. The story is eye-opening and a must read! Choose Kind!

    ReplyDelete

Crown of Pearl and Pearl by Mara Rutherford

Twin sisters, Sadie and Nor have spent the majority of their young lives preparing for the opportunity to be chosen to marry the Prince of I...